Possible intern duties:
· Conduct research on issues related to capital punishment.
· Assist with developing educational and advocacy materials on death penalty issues.
· Monitor developments in capital punishment law and policy.
· Help to plan special events to raise awareness about the use of the death penalty.
· Review program web pages and assist in updates/changes as the need arises.
· Assist with administrative tasks such as database management.
· Miscellaneous tasks as they arise or as a specific interest develops.
· Strong organizational and writing skills
· Research experience and the ability to analyze data
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Interest in human rights
· Fluency in English
For fall and spring internship: 5+ hours per week for a total of 3-4 months
For academic year-long internship: 8-10+ hours per week for a total of 7-8 months
For J-term internship: 40 hours per week for a total of one month
For summer internship: 20-40 hours per week for a total of 8-10 weeks
For a fellowship or special project: varies
Minimum of 160 total hours required for most internship positions
For more information about the Death Penalty Project, click here.
Internship and Fellowship Application Form
650 Third Avenue South, Suite 1240, Minneapolis, MN 55402 USA Phone: (612) 341-3302 Fax: (612) 341-2971 Client Line: (612) 341-9845 Email: [email protected]
Copyright © 2010 The Advocates for Human Rights. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to use this material for non-commercial purposes with proper attribution to The Advocates for Human Rights.