The Advocates for Human Rights conducts presentations and CLE's on topics such as:
- General Human Rights
- Human Rights Education
- Women's Human Rights
- Transitional Justice
- Human Rights Monitoring
- National Security
- Death Penalty
Click here to view a complete list of lecture subjects
The Advocates for Human Rights designs and conducts training on specific human rights topics to provide participants with tools that enable them to be more effective in their work.
The Advocates for Human Rights offers training in the following areas:
Domestic violence and battered immigrants for legal professionals, the judiciary, advocates, social workers, public officials, legislators and others
- Women's human rights issues and law reform for partners overseas
- Women's human rights issues in the U.S.
- Human rights education (HRE) in the classroom for educators and school administrators
- Asylum law training
- Human rights fact-finding and monitoring for volunteers working on current projects
- Interpreter training for volunteers
Click here to learn more about our trainings
"MOVING LIVES": IMMIGRANT ARTISTS SPEAKER'S BUREAU
The Advocates for Human Rights in partnership with Intermedia Arts established a speakers’ bureau of immigrant artists who conduct presentations with schools, businesses, and other groups throughout the Twin Cities.
Click here to learn more about the "Moving Lives": Immigrant Artists Speaker's Bureau