ORGANIZATION: The Advocates for Human Rights
The Advocates for Human Rights is a non-governmental, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the promotion and protection of internationally recognized human rights. The Advocates documents human rights abuses, advocates on behalf of individual victims, educates on human rights issues, and provides training and technical assistance to address and prevent human rights violations.
TYPE: Intern / 8-20 hours
Possible Intern Duties:
The Advocates, a non-profit organization, is seeking a graphic design intern to work on visual identity projects. This is an excellent opportunity to build a client-based portfolio and gain practical experience while working in an active, upbeat non-profit. Intern may work some hours outside of the office, and must be responsive and meet regularly with staff.
· Concept to print/distribution process including design, layout, photo editing, copy-editing and research of printing and distribution methods
· Assist with the re-design of the website
· Designing promotional materials for events
· Assist with photo taking at events as they occur throughout the semester
· Miscellaneous tasks as they arise or as a specific interest develops.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
· Knowledge of and access to Adobe InDesign or similar program
· Must show a portfolio of previous applicable graphic design work
· Ability to incorporate suggestions and to meet deadlines
· Familiarity with both print and web-based applications.
Internship and Fellowship Application Form
650 Third Avenue South, Suite 1240, Minneapolis, MN 55402 USA Phone: (612) 341-3302 Fax: (612) 341-2971 Client Line: (612) 341-9845 Email: [email protected]
Copyright © 2010 The Advocates for Human Rights. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to use this material for non-commercial purposes with proper attribution to The Advocates for Human Rights.