REFUGEE AND IMMIGRANT PROGRAM
I. Match the numbers with the reasons why people are legally admitted to the U.S.
Name one difference between an immigrant and a refugee.
What criteria must you meet to fit the definition of "refugee".
II. Please circle your answer for questions 1-7.
1. What percent of migrants worldwide come to the U.S. each year?
2. Immigrants pay more in taxes than they receive in benefits.
3. More immigrants come to the U.S. legally than illegally.
4. Total annual inflow of legal and illegal immigrants constitutes what percent of the total U.S. population?
5. What percentage of immigrants support themselves or are supported by family members?
6. Of over 14 million refugees world-wide, approximately how many are resettled each year in the U.S.?
7. Immigrants currently constitute a bigger proportion of the total U.S. population than ever before in history.